I wish to thank Chris for his helpful comments. I accept them in the playful
spirit in which they were offered. This sort of feedback is essential to people
who are learning.

LESSON #1: If it looks as if a product is no longer maintained then ask the
maintainer of the product if he has any uncommitted changes in  his version
control system.

LESSON #2: If you want to produce a new product/component, learn Zope 3 and use
that for the new work, unless Zope 2 compatibility is for some reason required.

LESSON #3: "A Zope 2 product should have no reliance on external methods..."

LESSON #4: If a competent programmer provides Zope bindings then make a
reasonable effort to get them to work instead of giving up and using external

LESSON #5: """My recommendation would be to buy Philipp's Zope 3 book and
read it from cover to cover before you start work..."""

LESSON #6: """If you ever ever ever use eval, then you definitely are nuts