--On 6. Februar 2007 21:26:03 -0300 Pablo Ziliani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all again,

As I mentioned in my previous email I'm in the middle of an upgrade from
2.9.6 to 2.10.2, and getting (at least) a couple of errors:
Sometimes when a ZPT that gets content from the database (postgres,
psycopg 2.0.4) is called, it raises the following UnicodeDecodeError:
"""
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 754, in do_insertStructure_tal
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 164:
ordinal not in range(128)
"""
I've also seen it failing in presence of a 0xc2 byte, and I haven't
tested if this is the usual behavior for a non ascii.

I have the following directives in the zope.conf file:
- rest-input-encoding utf-8
- rest-output-encoding utf-8
- default-zpublisher-encoding utf-8

Please provide the *full* traceback and figure out if this error can be reproduced with a bare Zope installation.

Also, my main template (the file that contains the macro that is used by
most other pages) is showing this message when editing TTW:
"""
Macro expansion failed
exceptions.NameError: name 'widget' is not defined
"""
And that's because I have this code:
<tal:block condition="PAGE/widgets" repeat="widget PAGE/widgets">
    <metal:singleton
use-macro="python:path('context/widgets_sidebar.html/macros/' + widget)"
/>
</tal:block>

This looks like a different error. Same as above: we need a way to reproduce it.

-aj