Hi Marco,

thanks for your input. What I can't understand is that in some case
the string before the ":method" is the id of the current template, so
I have "current_template:method"  and 'current_template' is a page
template, not a method, that's why I don't get it.

regards

M.

2007/2/7, Marco Bizzarri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 2/7/07, Manuel Spuhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I posted this question in the Plone-Users List, but it might be more a
> Zope stuff.
>
> I am looking for some documentation about the ":method" used in some
> forms, for instance  name="discussion_reply:method", but can't find anything.
>
> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Manuel Spuhler

I can't provide pointers, but can share what I understand about it.

If the user clicks on an input submit with the name "testMethod:method", the
testMethod will be invoked instead of the action of your form.

So, in your example, if you click on the discussion_reply, the discussion_reply
method/script will be called instead.

Regards
Marco
--