----- Original Message ----- From: "Adit Ranadive" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:10 PM
Subject: [Zope] ZODB access via ZEO

Hello All,

Im trying to read from the data.fs file plone product information like home
Im doing this via ZEO using app.Control_Panel.Products.getObjectItems()
This returns to me a set of (object ids, objects). Using the object I change the
home attribute.
When I restart the script the home attribute is the same as it was before. So
the change did not take place in the database.
Is there any way to check back in the retrieved object from data.fs?

I don't know anything about plone, but...

if you want to change a property of an item you can google for info on "manage_changeProperties", however I would be very careful about changing things in the Products folder!!!

Do you want to change the product or an instance of a product/class? In which case you need to be accessing the instance object not the Product object.

It makes no difference as to whether you are using zeo or not.

PS: I want to be able to modify the home attrib so I can change location of
products even after theyre installed. AFAIK this is the only way to do it.

As I said I know nothing about plone, but changing the location of products after they are installed sounds like a good way to cause yourself some serious pain. ;-)