----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlosfocker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 1:25 PM
Subject: [Zope] Extract Files from ZODB

I have a ZODB that was being used by Plone to store files(Word documents,
Images, etc.). Plone is no longer working. I want to extract (retrieve) the files from the ZODB. Is this possible? If so, how is this accomplished. Note: I cannot access Plone or anything in Plone because it is not working. I am looking
for a solution that involves working only with ZODB through Zope, not a
procedure that attempts to troubleshoot Plone.

If the documents were stored as 'Files' then you can do a search by meta-type:

for fileObj in container.objectValues('File'):
  <do something with the file>

You would need to recurse through your directory (folder) structure to get every file (unless they were stored in known folders).