Carlosfocker wrote at 2007-2-13 18:25 +0000:
>I have a ZODB that was being used by Plone to store files(Word documents,
>Images, etc.).  Plone is no longer working.
>I want to extract (retrieve) the
>files from the ZODB. Is this possible?

Whether this is possible (without deep tricks) depends on
what "Plone is no longer working" means.

Keep in mind that the ZODB stores object states only but no code
whatsoever. To understand the states, working external (application) code
is necessary.

"If Plone is no longer working" means that the "Plone" instance object
can no longer be loaded from the ZODB, then the code is missing
that provides understanding for the "Plone" instance object's state.
Somewhere deep inside this state are your files....

"If Plone is no longe working" means that the "Plone" UI no longer
works but the Zope Management Interface still operates, then you
have hope that you can recover your files.

Even in the first case, there is some hope: you can go back to
the Plone version that created the state. This version
should be able to understand it.

--
Dieter