Carlosfocker wrote at 2007-2-14 22:46 +0000:
>> "If Plone is no longe working" means that the "Plone" UI no longer
>> works but the Zope Management Interface still operates, then you
>> have hope that you can recover your files.
>>
>This would be my current situation as far as "Plone is no longer working". I
>cant get to any pages inside of the plone instance but the ZMI is accessiable.

You would access the ZODB directly (under *nix with "bin/zopectl debug";
for Windows, there are equivalent solutions (search the mailing list
archives)).

You would activate there a function that recursively traverses
your Plone instance (maybe using "OFS.FindSupport.ZopeFind"),
detects objects valuable for you (probably "CMFFile" objects) and
store their content ("str(obj.data)") into the file system.

--
Dieter