--On 20. Februar 2007 16:30:43 +0100 Gaute Amundsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi.

Normally a url to an article in our CMS system would look roughly like
this: http://www.dom.tld/aritcles/25245

Where 25245 would be an object of some metatype, say 'article'.

Now what if I wanted to get the data for that page from an sql server
instead,  I would expect to end up with a url like this:

http://www.dom.tld/aritcles/index_html?id=25245

Now, having recently read the Roy Fielding paper, and expecting to do
some  caching, I would much prefer to have it the first way, even when I
have to  get the data out of a DB.

Anybody have any ideas on how this might be done?

How about Apache rewrite rules or a script called index_html that fetches
the object by its ID? That's pretty much boring straight-forward stuff :-)

-aj