Dragos Chirila schrieb:
Hi everybody,

I am stuck with the following problem. I would appreciate it very much
if you could help me with it.

[snip]

If I understand correctly you want to fill a slot if a condition is true else leave the default.

A typical "slot-modell" looks something like this:

Template I:

    <a metal:define-macro="A">
      <b metal:define-slot="B">
        default
      </b>
    </a>

Template II:

    <a metal:use-macro="here/TemplateI/macros/A">
      <b metal:fill-slot="B">
        custom
      </b>
    </a>

A different approach, a "use-macro-modell":

Template I:

    <a metal:define-macro="A"
       tal:define="macros here/getmacros">
      <b metal:use-macro="macros/B"/>
    </a>

Python Script getmacros:

    macros = {}
    # default_macros, custom_macros are page templates.
    macros.update(container.default_macros.macros)
    if blah:
        macros.update(container.custom_macros.macros)
    return macros

This is oversimplified, but I hope it helps you to find a solution.

Regards,
Tonico