On Feb 22, 2007, at 1:29 PM, Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

8    original_image=getattr(self, original_id)
9    original_file=StringIO(str(original_image.data))
[and later]
AttributeError: DSCF0004.jpg

I think your line numbers are off by one, because I'd think it is the getattr that would be causing the Attribute Error (at most, line "9" could give an attribute error for something called "data".

Zope turns file upload objects into ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload instances. and pass them to your method. FileUpload instances have an interface similar to python file objects, you can .read(), .seek(), .close() or do whatever you want to them and might not need to wrap the contents into a StringIO object first. (your trying to fetch the file as an attribute of "self" seems to imply that you think the form data is already uploaded into zope and is an Image object in a folder. It isn't there yet, and won't be unless you store it there.)

I think if you removed lines 8 and 9 (by your numbering) and renamed the second argument to the method to "original_file", things would work as you need:

1 def makeImages(self, original_file):
3    import PIL.Image
4    import PIL
5    import os.path