Maciej Wisniowski recently responded something to the effect of that I should
take a look at my PYTHONPATH and gave me the address for subscribing to Plone.
Thank you. I subscribed and posted to Plone, but after a day have received no
response :(
I looked at my PYTHONPATH, as per your suggestion, but it seemed to be in
order. Furthermore, if it were not correct, how could I pull up Zope in any
case? I can launch Zope, I just have a problem with the below-mentioned product
installation (and maybe others after it).
TIA,
Tony

Hi:
This really should go to the Plone list, but seeing as how I can't hit their
site from either of my browsers, how can I subscribe to the list? I couldn't
download Plone, either, so I just built it from tarballs from an earlier
installation, tarballing all the products associated with it (Plone 2.1.4, I
think). Then I loaded them up in Zope 2.7.8 and got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 673, in
import_product
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/__init__.py", line
54, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/__init__.py",
line 34, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content.topic
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/topic.py",
line 33, in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool import CatalogTool
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/CMFPlone/CatalogTool.py", line 27,
in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.utils import base_hasattr
ImportError: cannot import name base_hasattr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 50, in ?
    run()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 19, in run
    start_zope(opts.configroot)
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 52, in
start_zope
    starter.startZope()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 231, in
startZope
    Zope.startup()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 47, in
startup
    # drop privileges after setting up servers
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/App/startup.py", line 45, in
startup
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 650, in
import_products
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 673, in
import_product
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/__init__.py", line
54, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/__init__.py",
line 34, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content.topic
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/topic.py",
line 33, in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool import CatalogTool
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/CMFPlone/CatalogTool.py", line 27,
in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.utils import base_hasattr
ImportError: cannot import name base_hasattr

CMFPlone/utils.py has a class named base_hasattr, so what's the problem?
Perhaps I need to delete all the *.pyc files from the other server from which I
copied all these products? (Lot of work, avoiding that since I'm not sure it's
necessary, and there aren't any in CMFPlone anyway.)
TIA,
Tony

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
AOL Mail and more.