Martijn Pieters schrieb:
I thought I could call a variable in a page template by defining it and then
putting a ? in front of it in a URL, like this:

Incorrect, you can only use ? to interpolate variables into a path expression:

             tal:content="here/?foo"></span>

The above example will look up 'bar' and render it as the content of the span.

I notice ZPT gets weirder and weirder...
How many syntactic specialities will we add to path expressions? ;)
Why not keep it simple? :-)

Or make it simpler by removing even tal:define ...

Regards
Tino