Hello,

What about just doing the import yourself:
container._importObjectFromFile(f)

(rather than using the ZMI's manage_importObject method through a zope
client connection) ?

Eric BREHAULT

On 3/12/07, Fabio Marcone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>> I have a problem using manage_importObject?file=... with zope2.9.
>>> In particular: object is successfully imported but if I shutdown and
>>> then reboot the server, I don't see anymore imported object. If I
import
>>> the same object using web form "Import/Export" I have not this strange
>>> behavior.
>
> Are you calling manage_importObject from Python code? Are you sure the
> transaction is committed? If you're calling this in some external script
> (such as a script run via "zopectl run") without starting a "normal" web
> request you may have to explicitly commit the transaction.
>
> jens

perhaps this is the problem...
in fact /var/lib/zope2.9/instance/myinstance/var is empty after
importObject operation using python script.

but the commit has been introduced in zope 2.9?
I use the same code in zope2.7 without problem.
in a python script I use:
zopeClient('
http://localhost:9673/manage_importObject?file=app.zexp',myuser,mypassword
)

where zopeClient is:
        def zopeClient(url,username,passwd):
                f = Function(url)
                f.username = username
                f.password = passwd
                apply(f,(),{})

How I can do "commit"?

Thanks,
Fabio

Dott. Fabio Marcone

2T srl
Telefono                                +39 - 0871- 540154
Fax                                     +39 - 0871- 571594
Email                                   fabio.marcone(AT)duet.it
Indirizzo                               Viale B. Croce 573
                                        66013 Chieti Scalo (CH)
GNU/Linux registered user               #400424