To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 11:55 AM
Subject: [Zope] Redirecting

I have a Web site I'm building a shopping cart for that is built with a basic site template and an iframe where all the page-by-page info goes. I need to redirect the iframe to the address below, but when I use the current incantation, it replaces not just the iframe but the whole page! Can someone suggest a better idea? This is a python script:

request = container.REQUEST
response = request.RESPONSE
response.redirect(request.BASE0 + '/EMarket/Our_Store/Main_frame.pt?category=' + category)

If the link to the redirect is on a page within the iframe, then it will just reload the contents of the iframe (unless there is some javascript within the target page which is 'breaking out' of the iframe).

If the link to the redirect is on the 'main page' and you want it to just reload the iframe, then you need some logic in the main page display routine which sets the 'src' field of the iframe html tag to the 'new' routine.