You can launch Zope 2.6.2 from Python prompt: you set your PYTHONPATH to
target zope/lib/python, then you launch python, then you just do this:
from Zope import app
root=app()
(have a look here: http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1054240694 )

Note: it works with 2.6, but if you want to to it with 2.7+, you'll have to
load zope.conf, have a look here:
http://www.brehault.net/plomino/documentations/how-tos/launch-zope-from-python-command-line

Eric BREHAULT

On 3/19/07, robert rottermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:
> I have a properly running instance of Zope 2.62 but no zopectl file.
>
> What is the best way to debug this version of Zope? Should I install
zopectl?

i believe zopectl was only introduced with 2.7.
there was a precursor to zopectl which still can be found somewhere in
the cvs.
however its layout was quiet a bit different to the one used with the
actual one.
so I doupt very much that this would be worth your efforts.

robert