Duc Toan schrieb:
I'm using WindowsXP, Python 2.4.3, Visual Studio 2005. When I complie Zope
2.9.6 from source, it alway alert:

running build_ext
creating zope.proxy
copying zope/proxy\proxy.h -> zope.proxy
error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed before building
extensions for Python.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\Python24\python.exe' : return code '0x1'

Somebody help me solve this problem. Don't say me install .NET Framework,
because I installed VS2005 include .NET Framework(I think so)

The Windows Python binary (2.4 and 2.5) is built with Visual Studio 2003, compiling Zope needs the same compiler. The free VisualC++ Toolkit 2003 is not available for download anymore since mid 2006, its been replaced by the free Visual Studio 2005 Express.

What you can do without further problems is: install cygwin (or MingW), compile Python from source with cygwin, finally compile Zope from source under cygwin.

This is atm also the only way to get Python eggs with C extensions compiled under Windows.