--On 24. März 2007 11:03:58 -0400 Jonathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think it is an indexing problem as the indexes are reporting the
correct number of entries.  It is just the _length() method of the
catalog that seems to be the problem (but I have noooo idea how to fix

Of course it has to do with indexing since the catalog triggers the
related index_object() calls of the indexes :-)
You might track this down by checking the self._length.change()
calls that increment/decrement the counter. A unittest demonstrating
the error might help a lot *wink* :-)