Sounds like you have missed the "make install" step. You should then be able to run $SOFTWARE_HOME/bin/mkzopeinstance.py directly to create a new instance using this version of the software.

Laurence

michael nt milne wrote:
yes, the main instance runs fine but not the new one which was created using mkzopeinstance.py...I checked the archives but they don't help

On 4/4/07, *Martijn Pieters * <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On 4/4/07, michael nt milne <
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
     > I'm getting this when running ./zopectl after creating a new
    instance. This
     > was simply using the /utilities/mkzopeinstance.py script from
    within the
     > main zope directory and running the system python on it. The original
     > instance works fine but not the new one. Any ideas?

    Did you compile the Zope C extensions? ./configure; make

    --
    Martijn Pieters

--
michael