> Example: I have a site running up, and I need to know
> where my mail is mentioned, so I can edit each object
> and update the mail. (I think using ZMI)

Go to the Root Folder in the ZMI, click on the "Find" tab. Enter
whatever data you have and click on "Find".

Yeah, that works, but I need to search the
"SearchableText" property, and the "Find" tool
doesn't report all the results I need.

However, you all have helped me a lot, and now
I have a correctly working ZCatalog, searching
the whole site, and returning the path of the
objects :-)

To get started please read:

If you want to build your own application with Zope, you should build
your own products that will hold the presentation and "business logic".
The instances of those products will be stored in the ZODB and those
will contain the content of your application. As someone else already
mentioned you can make your content searchable with very little work, by
using a ZCatalog and a minimal amount of extra code in your products.

I didn't know about the wiki, very useful.

> Is ZMI the right tool to do simple editing?

No. The ZMI is an administrative interface. It's not meant to build end
user interfaces upon it.

OK, see below.

Another thought: *If* you are trying to build a content management
system, maybe you should consider starting out with one of the existing
ones that run on Zope? Configuring / extending that to your needs? They
usually come with full text search out of the box - and they already
know how to handle all those little pitfalls you will encounter.

You are dead right, I'm digging into Plone too, right now.

Thanks Sascha, and all the list, you helped me big time.

-- Peppe