----- Original Message ----- From: "Winterflood, Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 4:50 AM
Subject: [Zope] custom Lexicon developpement problems

Hi all,

With the goal of allowing the use of wildcards anywhere in a ZCTextIndex query, and also ignore accentuated characters, I am developping a custom Lexicon, Splitter and CaseNormalizer.
These are packed into a Product

The more permissive globbing rules work fine, and the accent-bashing ToAsciiCaseNormalizer too (this looks like a good alternative to indexing a method that would remove the accents from the field we're interested in <suggested on a CPS list>)

Hovever, I'm having problems creating indexes that use them:
I created the lexicon and indexes via the catalog.xml file, but the 'indexed_attr' fields are ignored (therefore, creating indexes on multiple fields isn't possible). In the ZMI, in portal_catalog, I cannot select the lexicon for use when I add a ZCTextIndex

Does anyone know how to go about these problems?

Dieter's Manageable Indexes product may be of some use: