> Why don't you look at TextIndexNG3 where almost everything is pluggable
> and configurable?

Firstly because I wasn't aware of its existence...
Secondly (now I've seen it) because it seems particularly heavy for my use:
 It proposes many features, of which I shall only need 2
 I have a very tight deadline on this and I'm new to Zope, python and the
 I can't see how easy it's going to be to use: how long will it take me to
transition from ZCTextindexes to TextIndexNG3's? (I've already spent quite some
time integrating the ZCTextIndex queries into my code)

If these issues are unfounded, I would be happy to use TextIndexNG3, but so far
I think I'm better off fixing the couple of bugs in my Lexicon (apart from
these, it's finished)

TIA for your input on this :)