(CC'ing in the relevent mailing lists so that this gets archived there)

Giovanni Coi wrote:
After installing your MailTemplates product (working well with the
code from the readme.txt example section ) I need
some help.

Glad they worked well so far :-)

May I have some hints/sample how to use MailTemplates for
obtain a multipart/alternative message?

For example the first part plain/text e and the second one
text/html and no file attachment.

Sure, what I'd do is use the template to generate the html and render that to a message:

 msg = container.my_html_mail.as_message(
            mfrom='[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
            mto='[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
            subject='Your requested file',

Then I'd add a Mimetext object with the plain text version:

from email.mime.text import MIMEText

And finally send the message:

Of course, the "fun" bit is generating the plain text version of the message from the html version.

You might try stripogram for that:

...but your milleage may vary (a lot!)

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk