On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 05:13:27PM +0200, Gaute Amundsen wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 07:52, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> > All our frontendservers have 8gig ram. Zope gets major performance Problems
> > when it reaches the limit of physical memory. Check your system if the.
> > So having 2 zope Processes on the same system increases the Problem.
> >
> We do actually, have two. From a time we just "hadd to do something"!
> Consolidation time...

Well, maybe.  Is it an SMP box?  You can happily run 1 Zope process
per CPU. I'm told that recent versions of Linux should be pretty good
at keeping CPU affinity without any special configuration.

> At some point Varnish url rewriting wil be good enough, and then we can cut
> apache out of it too..

I highly doubt Apache will become your bottleneck anytime soon :) But
of course it's one more thing to admin.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com