--On 24. Mai 2007 11:31:17 +0100 Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In my external method I can get mime_type =
file.headers.headers[1].split()[1] and then my code proceed based on
which mime type was identified for the file uploaded.

What happens now is that a user uploading a tgz file from a Windows
platform and then my code did not identify it as a
application/x-gzip-compressed or similar (it gets

As far as I understood from this case, such mime type info is passed
by user's system (where Windows usually is not aware of tar.gz, tgz
etc format) rather than being set by zope server.

AFAIK..all Zope types derived from OFS.File or OFS.Image are using
OFS.contenttypes.guess_content_types()...if the 'content-type' header
isn't available. Otherwise Zope will use it.