Jürgen Herrmann wrote:

On Thu, June 21, 2007 11:02, John Schinnerer wrote:

John Schinnerer wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
If you install Python using

 configure --prefix=/opt/python-2.4; make;make install

and configure Zope using

 configure --with-python=/opt/python-2.4/bin/python2.4; make; make
install

you should never get into such trouble. Somehow your environment or setup must
be broken.
Possibly you're installing Zope over an existing Zope installation with
possibly old
zopectl/runzope files inside the 'bin' folder
which won't be replaced by "make install". So check the "python" configuration
within your
bin/zopectl|runzope files.
Thanks again - the above is what I thought I did (matching the --prefix and the
--with-python)
- however somewhere I blew it somehow as the control files point to the wrong
python.
I'll try again and hopefully get it right. Thanks for the extra assist.
Well, I'm not crazy. I just rebuilt it all and triple checked that I gave the
matching
--with-python when configuring the zope build. I did. And, it did not get
used...the zopectl and
runzope files were created with the default path (to the wrong python) anyhow!

did you really delete the existing files in your bin folder before installing
zope again? these
files are NOT recreated!

Yes. I deleted all files and directories created when building python 2.3 and zope 2.8.8 the first time and started over.

And when startup of zope failed with the same error I checked the control files again and they had the default python path and not the one I specified with --with-python in the configure.

cheers,
John S.

--
John Schinnerer, MA WSD