Removing the 'name zeostorage' didn't have any affect on the issue. I was able to fix the KeyErrors by increasing the cache-size in the zeo client configuration part of the zope.conf though.

However, I'm still experiencing intermittent KeyErrors with the session stuff. The line of code that always breaks is "session = REQUEST.SESSION" and it has happened everywhere in my code that I use that. Is there a better way to access the session that I should be using? The traceback ends like this:

   * Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1217, in __getattr__
   * Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1177, in get
   * Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 96, in
   * Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 183, in
   * Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 846, in new_or_existing
   * Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 452, in __setitem__

I'm now using the exact same configuration for sessions as detailed in except the zeo server is on a different box than the clients. Any ideas?