(Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 02:55:47PM -0700) David Bear
wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
> I've begun using external methods and am trying to better understand the
> context they run and and how to handle exceptions. I have concluded
> the following (and I don't recall reading some of these in any documentation)
> (please correct me if I'm wrong)
>
> 1 external methods run in the same interpreter as zope
>
> 2 external methods have access to a larger namespace and therefor more

... snip ...

You forgot this one:

0 external methods are just a hack, they are to be used only in
  exceptional cases. Learn how to make a filesystem based python product
  instead and waste as little time as possible on external methods.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sascha