--On 9. Juli 2007 18:05:41 -0700 David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would like to have a url that I can use to address a zope object
where I grab the query string and 'do something with it'. The issue is
I want to be able to do this for any/all zope objects. For example
lets say I have a zpt in my site called http://mzope.edu/zopeobject

I would like to be able to do http://mzope.edu/zopeobject?id=129292

and have a way to capture the value of 'id'..

The use case I have in mind is a set of emails where I hand out a url to a
page in a zope or plone zie that has a key or tag on it like the id
above. In one set of email id=abc, in another set the id=xyz. I want
to track 'clicks' based on which mailing generated the click. But I
want to be able to apply the 'method' to any/all zope objects.

Everything is stored within the REQUEST object (REQUEST.id in your case).

Please check with "The Zope Book" (this is one of the most basic functionalities of Zope).

-aj