-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The CMF developer community is hereby announcing the release of CMF
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of services and
content objects useful for building highly dynamic, content-oriented
portal sites. The CMF provides the foundation for popular software
packages such as Plone. It is intended to be easily customizable, in
terms of both the types of content used and the policies and services
Where do I get it?
For release files, change logs, installation instructions and more
please visit http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/CMF-2.1.0-beta2.
Roadmap and release information can be found at
The CMF mailing list can be reached at the [EMAIL PROTECTED] address,
to sign up please visit http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-
Please file bug reports, feature requests or suggestions in the CMF
bug collector at http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF .
What has changed since the last release?
Please note: Please read the "Upgrading from versions earlier than
section in the INSTALL.txt-document for upgrading hints.
- CMFCore.exportimport.skins: Added the ability to remove whole
selections using a GS profile.
- Workflow definition instances now have a description field
- UndoTool: Fixed 'listUndoableTransactionsFor'.
The required 'object' argument is now respected. This doesn't
behavior as long as 'object' is the site root object.
- CMFCore.TypesTool: Corrected method signature of
all_meta_types to have
an interface keyword argument, as per the underlying
- SkinnableObjectManager: Changed the way skins are set up.
Acquisition wrapping no longer triggers 'setupCurrentSkin'.
This is now
done on publishing traversal after the BeforeTraverseEvent
'setSite'. This fix replaces a temporary hack introduced in
making sure ISkinsTool is looked up after setting the site.
- CMFCore.CMFBTreeFolder: CMFBTreeFolders could not be used as the
toplevel /Members container.
- Pass 'object' through to TypeInformation objects' 'listActions'.
- Removed extraneous "Cache" tab from FS-based skin objects.
- CMFCore.WorkflowTool: Using the '(Default)' keyword for a type's
workflow chain will now reset any custom workflow chains for
- Use the property API to get the member specific skin, because
direct attribute access won't work with PAS based membership.
- Add POST-only protections to security critical methods.
- Allow customization from DirectoryViews to be redirected into
alternate folders, and use manually-built clones.
- Use a utility, registered for
'Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.IHTMLScrubber', to perform
of HTML; fall back to the old, hard-wired behavior.
- Remove antique usage of marker attributes in favor of interfaces,
leaving BBB behind for places potentially affecting third-
- Fixed DST-driven test breakage in CMFCalendar by adding an
'zone' argument to the DublineCore methods which return string
rednitions of date metadata.
- Favorite: Fixed UID handling broken in 2.1.0-beta.
- CMFDefault: Removed CMFUid dependency inadvertently added in
- CMFActionIcons: Fixed interface declarations added in 2.1.0-beta.
- The CMF now depends on Zope 2.10.4 or higher.
- CMFDefault: Adjusted factory.py to new GenericSetup version.
- CMFUid.UniqueIdAnnotationTool: Annotation handling has been
from triggering it through old-style manage_*-methods to using
events. UID assigning behavior has been made more flexible.
review CMFUid/README.txt for information about the current
behavior and the new features.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -