On 12/07/2007 Andreas Jung wrote:

>>> Importing as zexp? If yes, this is unsupported.
>>
>> Yes, I imported the Product as zexp. Why is that unsupported, and how
>> else may I import it? It doesn't exist in the filesystem hierarchy, as
>> it's a custom Product which was developed in the ZMI.
>
> .zexp export/import is only supported between identical versions. It's not
> a migration tool.

So is there any supported way to migrate a ZClass Product which only
exists in the Zope hierarchy?

I know that ZClasses are depreciated in zope 2.10 anyway, but still the
problem remains for migrations from zope 2.6.4 to 2.9 for example.

 jonas

--
"In post-historical society, the rulers have ceased to rule,
                but the slaves remain slaves." - Perry Anderson