To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:43 PM
Subject: [Zope] Problem w/ ZMySQLDA

Hi;
? I just built out a new server and transfered my databases. I use Zope to
server my web sites and ZMySQLDA to interface between the two. Everything seems to be fine. I can see the databases, the tables, the columns in the tables, the permissions are correct, etc. I hook up ZMySQLDA and that seems to be fine. It connects to the database. However, when I go to look at the pages from served
the database, the browser hangs. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

You should have a MySQL_database_connection object in a folder somewhere (in the ZMI). The "Status" for this object should say "The database connection is open". There is a "Test" tab for this object in which you can enter an sql query. If this query works ok, then the next step is to test your Z SQL Method(s).

hth

Jonathan