--On 15. Juli 2007 13:11:41 +0100 Garry Saddington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am using the following external method to write pdf files.

import  subprocess
def html2pdf(self,source):
    f=open('/opt/scholarpack/ancillary/pdf.html','w')
    f.write(source)
    f.close
p=subprocess.Popen(['htmldoc', '--webpage',
'/opt/scholarpack/ancillary/pdf.html','-f',
'/opt/scholarpack/ancillary/mypdf.pdf'])     p.wait()

When I do this the html is truncated and an incomplete pdf is generated.
However, if I rum htmldoc in a terminal on the same html file then the
ouput  is perfect. Can anyone see where the external method may be going
wrong,  apart from the formatting that kmail is enforcing on this code
snippet!?

This has nothing to do with calling the code from an external method.
Check if you get a proper result using os.system() or using the commands module.

-aj