----- Original Message -----
From: <tonylabarbara at aol.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:43 PM
Subject: [Zope] Problem w/ ZMySQLDA

> > Hi;
> > ? I just built out a new server and transfered my databases. I use Zope to
> > server my web sites and ZMySQLDA to interface between the two. Everything
> > seems
> > to be fine. I can see the databases, the tables, the columns in the
> > tables, the
> > permissions are correct, etc. I hook up ZMySQLDA and that seems to be
> > fine. It
> > connects to the database. However, when I go to look at the pages from
> > served
> > the database, the browser hangs. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

> You should have a MySQL_database_connection object in a folder somewhere (in
> the ZMI).? The "Status" for this object should say "The database connection
> is open".? There is a "Test" tab for this object in which you can enter an
> sql query. If this query works ok, then the next step is to test your Z SQL
> Method(s).

Thanks. That clarified a lot. The MySQL query comes back fine. I'm
troubleshooting a complex shop I had a programmer who worked for me build...so
it's not my code...and it's complex ;) I went into the shopkeeper's side and
was able to successfully query the database. I was, for example, able to
display the "cotton" products for editing. However, when I do
essentially_the_same_thing TTW with the following code snippet, it hangs!

<tal:block metal:define-macro="content"
?????????? define="dummy python:request.set('category', 5)">

? <tal:block metal:use-macro="here/Store/Main_frame_content/macros/content" />

</tal:block>

Furthermore, mytop shows the user is hanging:
???? 30 mysqluser?????? localhost mrtableclo?????? 473? Sleep

What should I do next to troubleshoot this?
TIA,
Tony