--On 25. Juli 2007 14:34:49 +0200 Andreas Elvers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm having a hard time with page templates using unicode.

Here is a simple example:

- create a page template called dejavu
Encoding is utf-8. Check also your browser character encoding to be set
to unicode as well.

- put this into the page template.:
IMPORTANT: Since this discussion is in ASCII, I can't write the correct
deja vu string here.
When testing please use the correct spelling. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejavu :-)

When I test this template i will not get deja vu but instead garbled
characters for e and a.

Why is this ?

Likely because you're using the u'...' notation. However I have no clue why
do you want to work with unicode strings this way...this looks somewhat
artificial (independent of the behavior).