----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Allison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] acquisition failure puuzzle or maybe something else

The values are validated and are simple strings.  For our testing purpose
they are things like 'aaa'.  Also, if that were the problem, eval would
have thrown a different error since it most likely evaluates the
parameters before trying to bind the call.  In our testing we have
replaced the catenation with a static string but still get the error.

In your previous message you said:

Simple test methods in folder C

  <dtml-var standard_html_header>
  <dtml-let sss="scripts.cleanfilename('able baker charlie  ')">
  <dtml-var sss>
  <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

work fine and do not throw the attribute error.

Now you are saying that the static string does cause the error?

To remove the acquisition issue: if you can get the cleanfilename routine to just return the input parameter (as a test, don't do anything else in cleanfilename) without error, then that means that you have a coding error somewhere within cleanfilename.