I need to get some information from a database and display it on our website.
It's a very simple query just passing one number to get the record. The only
way i am allowed to query this database is via SOAP.

I have installed the SOAPMethod and have got it working but i cannot get the
result to display. I can only view the result when i look at the source of
the page.

the dtml Method i am using is written -

<dtml-var expr="requestStudentData('5506239')">

this is what the help that came with the product says to use.

(requestStudentData is the name of the SOAPMethod and "5506239" is the query
string i am passing to the database.)

i'm not a developer and although i understand a bit about DTML i cannot find
out what is going wrong. I've searched the web but there seems very little on
SOAP/python/Zope.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Mark