I am in a situation will I may soon need to outsource the running of
my apache server. This may be a good thing. However, I cannot
outsource the running of my zope server. So I have the situation where
apache will be running on a separate box from my zope server and I am
wondering how to make sure I have a secure connection between the
apache server that I don't control that will be using modproxy/rewrite
rules to get content out of my zope server.

Currently, zope only binds to 127.0.0.1 and apacy proxy connects.

Using a remote apache server implies that I will need to have zope
listen on a public interface. However, I will still need to secure it
so I was considering openssl or something like that.

in short I have

APACHE HOST  <------------------> ZOPE HOST

I need to secure the connection between these two hosts.

Any recommendations?

--
David Bear
phone:  602-496-0424