--On 24. Oktober 2007 17:01:35 -0400 Thomas Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zope Version    (Zope 2.10.3-final, python 2.4.3, linux2)
using zeo storage

I am trying to implement a server side XSL Transform with the
tools I have installed.   I have 4suite, libxml2,  and  libxsl.   The
all of the files are dtml documents.

Listing 1 below works on the command line and writes an html
file named 'foo' to the file system. So I added a def, a parameter
to receive, and indent Listing 1 appropriately to run as an External
Method.  I also found, from this list in September 2006, an almost
identical External Method using parseDoc instead of parseFile,
and SaveToString instead of SaveToFile, see Listing 2 and the
traceback that follows it.

This it basically offtopic and unrelated to Zope. First get this fixed on the Python level - then move your code to Zope.

  All combinations and attempts to use an External Method result in
either parseDoc or parseFile failing.  Also, the Zope server will not
respond to WEB clients for as long as it is trying to process the
External Method and Apache times out in about 100 seconds  with a
Proxy error and I usually have to restart the Zope server to get
access back to it through a WEB client although ps doesn't show
any unusual processor or memory usage.

Keep in mind that Zope works by default with 4 worker threads. If they are blocked with long-running processes than other requests will be queued and
their execution delayed until the next thread has finished this work.