I need to run an external method to use some python functions that are
restricted within zope. I'm thinking an easy way to get the data back
would be to just store basic python objects within zodb; tupples,
lists, dictionaries.

but I've never seen this documented anywhere. Is it possible to store
basic python objects directly in zodb? AND then use a zpt to read the

I'm thinking a simple thing would be to create an external method that
returns a dictionary.

Then I could have script call the method, and stored the dictionary on

Then have a zpt publish the dictionary.

Is this even easily possible, or are there alternatives to doing
something similar?

David Bear
phone:  602-496-0424
fax:    602-496-0955