On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:15:27 +0100, Jonas Meurer wrote:

> i'll change that to backup a local copy of the Data.fs instead in
> future. a simple solution would be to run 'cp Data.fs Data.fs.safe' for
> every instance just before backuppc starts the rsync process.

We use the repozo backup (and restore) tool that comes with Zope and
include the backup repository in our normal backup regime (which uses
backuppc).

  <zopeinstalldir>/bin/repozo.py

Read inside the file for the doco. This tool is designed to work with
live Data.fs files. Apart from some sort of live replication, it is the
only way to go as far as I'm concerned, unless you are unconcerned about
the possibility of corrupted backups.

Cheers,
Sam.