michael nt milne napsal(a):
yeah I have modified to this

<li tal:define = "query here/testquery"
     tal:repeat="result python:query(id='IT')">
  </li>

1) don't make spaces around = in HTML attributes:
        tal:define="query here/testquery"

2) Why do you use repeat['result'] ? Can you point us to documentation where did you read it ?
   tal:replace="result/firstname"  should work as expected or
tal:replace="python:result['firstname']" in case of result is dictionary and you need to use python: for some reason.

3) what testquery returns ? I suppose it returns method, because you are calling this method wit parameter 'id', but I don't think you meant it in this way.

--
Radim Novotny