I've pretty new to zope and am getting lost in the shuffle between zope
2/3/five/archetypes. I'm trying to get my feet wet by using zope 2.10.4. I'm
trying to get a very simple content type to work inside the ZMI. I'd like to
use the latest recommended five approach to this, but am getting confused in
understanding what this approach is nowadays. I done much searching on the
Internet and have purchased a couple of books (Web Component Development with
Zope 3 & Professional Plone Development), but am still confused as to what
approach should be used (what is the easiest) when it comes to the ZCML files.
1. Do I require "<five:registerClass ..." entry? I've seen examples where this
is included, and others where it is not. I've only had luck in getting my type
into ZMI when I've used this directive....but I am looking for the best
practices approach.
2. I get very confused about examples I've seen that use the
<browser:addAddMenuItem ..." directive. Does this directive work? What is it
supposed to do? Compared to "<browser:menuItem ..."?
3. I am looking for something that might be considered a reference on what the
best practices would be for using five. An example I found was
http://philikon.de/files/zope3-for-zope2-developers.pdf. However, I could not
get the examples to work for me (especially when it came to the "Step 4: Basic
Configuration" section where he goes into ZCML configuration).