Martijn Faassen wrote:
the work of collecting interesting Zope 2 products, contacting the
authors (not strictly necessary but always a good thing to do) and
checking them in, possibly
cleaning things up here and there.

Well, I think is is fine for products where the original maintainer has "gone away" and the original repository is no longer available, but I think that having multiple forks on products with active repositories is asking for trouble.

I would have thought the key thing would be to build something like the cheeseshop but for zope products. But that's really one of the key things that should be, no?

Maybe would be a simpler thing to build and get running?