In the zope 2.7 book it mentions that an optimization technique for
external methods is to compile regular expressions in global scope to
the module. The re's will then be compiled at zope load time.

I am wondering if the same holds for lambdas. I created some simple
filters using lambdas. I defined them in the functions where I use
them. Is there any advantage to defining them globally to the module?

Are there any gottcha's with globally scope objects?

David Bear
phone:  602-496-0424
fax:    602-496-0955
College of Public Programs/ASU