The Zif Collective is proud to announce yet another confusing option for your applications.

Sedna is a "native" XML database, open source, licensed under Apache 2.0 license.

See for features and download.

zif.sedna communicates with Sedna.

zif.sedna provides a dbapi-like interface (connections and cursors).

zif.sedna provides a zope(3) database adapter and connection pooling (thanks to some code from sqlalchemy). It is provisionally thread-safe.

zif.sedna is pure python.

XQuery can be cool.

zif.sedna is now available at the cheese shop. The readme came out a bit funny there. I know there were some < and > in the document when I wrote it, so you will have to use your imagination a bit to read the blurb. Or easy_install it and read the docs as they were intended.

-Jim Washington