On Mar 5, 2008, at 12:38 , Miles wrote:

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can share their experience of using repozo, packing and backups to answer a couple of questions.

I've googled around to confirm that packing means a full backup. Is there any way to carry out incremental backups and then pack the database, without carrying out a full backup each time - for example, can I continue to get nightly incremental backups if I pack nightly but retain the last 2 days' transaction history?

(I transfer the increments to a backup server, and then rebuild the database, then take a nightly snapshot to tape, so I really don't need a full backup)

I have an inkling this is not possible, but would be useful to confirm...

You're right, this is not possible. The only way to prevent full backups is to never pack the database.

jens