Ryan Smith wrote:
> Posted this to the Plone Mailing-list, but this is more of a problem I
> am having with Zope.  There will be additional information here -
> http://www.nabble.com/Indexing-Bug---Index-changes-and-is-not-always-correct.-td15830136s6742.html
> Basically the problem I am having is that I create an index, but
> sometimes this index changes and is incorrect.
> To test this I would constantly click the 'Clear and Rebuild' button
> under the Advanced Tab.
> Then I would browse my index under the Indexes tab.
> After repeating this many many times, I would get 2 different results
> for my index (1 correct, the other completely wrong). I didn't change
> anything else, I just kept clicking rebuild.

We need more information:

 - What kind of index?

 - What objects are you indexing?

 - What kind of query are you making against the index?

 - What does "completely wrong" mean?

> I noticed something interesting in my debugging window.
> All rebuilds that resulted in a correct index had this -
> DEBUG txn.-1223402608 commit <Connection at 0b5a01ec>
> All rebuilds that resulted in an incorrect index had this -
> DEBUG txn.-1244382320 commit <Connection at 0965020c>
> Something different is being done, I'm just not sure what or why.
> Any suggestions as to why this is happening or where I should look to
> fix this would be greatly appreciated.

The two log messages you post are effectively identical:  some get
served from different ZODB connections, but that shouldn't cause any
difference in behavior.  If you have one connection with "stale" data
for some objects (that would be a bug somewhere), then restarting Zope
might make the problem disappear, although we still wouldn't know how
that connection got into that state.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)