--On 20. März 2008 16:32:45 -0700 Timothy Selivanow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm investigating the creation of an RPM for Fedora, but I'd like to get
some info before I dive too deeply...

1) It seems like the packaging list is defunct, or at least hasn't had
anything but SPAM since 2003.  Is there an appropriate list to discuss
packaging issues (zope-dev perhaps)?

zope-dev. The source code release is just a tar archive of the source tree which is sufficient for building Zope.

2) Is there any documentation on the installer options to help with
placing things in the "correct" distro specific directories?

The Zope distributions (except for Windows) don't care about distro-specific needs (and never will).

Andreas