On Apr 1, 2008, at 3:29 PM, David Bear wrote:

I have a zodb from a dead zope instance that I wanted to merge in to another running zope. I thought I could use a mount point to do this and just specify
the old zodb for the storage in my mount point.

alas, this did not work as expect. After making the modification in my
zope.conf like this:

<zodb_db support >
   # ssw file store
     path $INSTANCE/var/srvx-Data.fs
   mount-point /support

And then restarting zope and adding the mount point -- I see nothing
underneath it.

So, I assume this is NOT a valid way to merge to zodb's together?

Does anyone have an suggestions on a way I might combine 2 zodb's?

This is not well documented but I believe you can only mount a subitem from the database, not the root of the database. So rename the mount point to the name of the subitem you want to mount and I think it should work.