----- Original Message ----- From: "David Bear" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:29 PM
Subject: [Zope] merging zodb's

I have a zodb from a dead zope instance that I wanted to merge in to another running zope. I thought I could use a mount point to do this and just specify
the old zodb for the storage in my mount point.

alas, this did not work as expect. After making the modification in my
zope.conf like this:

<zodb_db support >
   # ssw file store
   <filestorage>
     path $INSTANCE/var/srvx-Data.fs
   </filestorage>
   mount-point /support
</zodb_db>

And then restarting zope and adding the mount point -- I see nothing
underneath it.

So, I assume this is NOT a valid way to merge to zodb's together?

Does anyone have an suggestions on a way I might combine 2 zodb's?

A shot in the dark, because I am not sure what you mean by "a dead zope instance"...

Create an external method that you can access from the 'non-dead zope instance', which directly accesses the Data.fs file from the "dead zope instance" (using the usual db.open/root=connection.root...) and then loops thru all of the objects from the root down and copies them into the 'live' zope instance.

hth

Jonathan